Delicious, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Fall is in the air, and holidays are around the corner. The days are getting shorter, and the cool breeze surrounds us. And, the best thing I like to do during this time is bake. From chocolate cakes, brownies, croissants, and the list goes on. Today, I want to share my favorite recipe for making the best, chewy chocolate chip cookies. I don’t know about you, but I LOVE chewy chocolate chip cookies! Please see the ingredients and directions below, and let me know how you like it in the comments section below. 🙂
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted – You can also use Ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheet or line with parchment paper. I usually find greasing the cookie sheet easier than lining the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter or ghee, brown sugar and white sugar until they are well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until the mixture is light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 – 3 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are ready, take a picture and share with us! 🙂