Ever since my daughter started eating solid foods, I have been looking for different recipes to make for her to eat. I want something that is healthy, and easy to make as I work full-time and have to spend a lot of time commuting. One day we were at a restaurant and ordered some Mac and cheese and she loved it! My daughter is not really a picky eater, most days, but there are days when she just does not want to eat a whole lot. So, when I saw her eating this, I wanted to make it at home too. After experimenting a few times, I came up with the perfect recipe to make Mac n Cheese. It is quick and easy, and my daughter loves to eat it even if she doesn’t want other things. Please enjoy the recipe and let me know how you like it! 🙂
- Elbow Noodles – 1 cup (uncooked)
- Mild Cheddar Cheese – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Flour – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp – (you can also use Ghee – Ghee – Recipe)
- Salt – 1 tsp (1/2 tsp to make noodles and 1/2 tsp in the sauce)
- Pepper – 1/4 tsp (or more depending on how much you seasoning you want)
- Oregano – 1/4 tsp
- Chicken stock – 1/2 cup (Optional)
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add salt and elbow noodles in the water, cook for 6-7 minutes, and drain. All packages come with directions as well, so you can follow those directions as well. 🙂
- I usually use the same pot that I boil the noodles in to make the sauce to avoid having too many dirty dishes. Add the butter to the pot warm it until it is melted.
- Add the flour and stir it for a couple of minutes until it is mixed in the butter. Then, add the milk and keep stirring the sauce so it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- If you are adding the chicken stock, add it this time and keep stirring the sauce until it is thick. Then add salt, pepper, and oregano
- Once the sauce is thick, add the cheese and keep stirring it. Cook it for 1 minute and then add the cooked pasta and mix it in the sauce. Cook it for an additional minute, and then remove it from the heat.
- Voila it is ready! Take some pictures and share it in the comments section below.
If you wanted to add some additional protein to this dish, you can add the some shredded chicken in this as well.
Also, I use the following pasta pot by Bialetti that has a strainer in the lid. This way the whole dish is prepared in one pot! 🙂